Alderleaf Update on Covid-19
Our thoughts go out to all those affected by Covid-19 as we navigate these challenging times. Our priority is the safety of our students, staff, and community.
We are monitoring updates from national and local health agencies, and will update the information below as we learn more.
Our county has re-opened into Phase 3.
As part of continuing to prioritize the safety of all, we have implemented the following practices:
- Classes are organized to allow for spatial distancing
- All staff and students are required to wear masks (or face coverings) while at class
- A hand-sanitizer station is set up at all courses
- Commonly used surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant before and after each class
- Staff & students may only come to class if not running a temperature or experiencing other viral symptoms
- Any student unable to attend due to symptoms will be offered a full refund or transfer to a future class
- Full refunds or transfers will continue to be issued if any courses are cancelled for any reason, including extended or returning shutdowns
We're also happy to answer any questions you might have about courses and safety protocols!
On a different note, many of us on staff are naturalists and very much appreciate scientific research. A great resource we've come across has been Dr. Seheult's MedCram Youtube updates on the global pandemic. He even dives into the medical research on how time in nature can benefit the immune system in update #56. Here's the MedCram coronavirus updates link.
Knowledge is Power - Grow Your Wilderness Skills! Get monthly updates on new wilderness skills articles, upcoming courses, and special opportunities. Join the free Alderleaf eNewsletter and as a bonus you'll get our mini survival guide: